What Are Your Abilities?
We’re told what we can’t do. We’re told what our limitations are. Those become our “limiting beliefs”. These are the limits we set upon ourselves. Because that’s what we’re told, We eventually believe it.
Ask yourself the question: What CAN you do? Right here, right now.
Make a list of what you CAN do. Put it in writing. That makes it real. That makes it official. It’s like writing a contract with yourself.
These are my abilities:
- I can share my vision with the world.
- I can inspire people to become the best version of themselves.
- I can focus on what I CAN do
- I can give people “permission” to dream
- I can focus on the skills I’ve gathered so far in my life to push me forward
- I can LIVE MY DREAM
- I can inspire others to live their dream
- I can rally others together to work together to create the world I want to live in
- With the help of the right people, I can create the world I envision my children living in, The World They Deserve
- I can raise children (which I have), then,
- I can raise others to the level I’ve raised my children and beyond
- I can learn from the mistakes I’ve made in my life and do it right this time
- I can use the knowledge and the resources I’ve collected so far to push me forward
What is Your Response to Those Abilities?
I could focus on the limits others have told me I have. I could live within the limitations I’ve set for myself until now. I could get a job working for someone else and build their dream. but I have a responsibility to myself to build MY dream: Life Teaches Foundation.
My kids are now grown.
I could say I’ve raised my kids to be the best version of themselves they can be. I’ve raised them to be good and kind. I’ve made my contribution to the next generation(s). I could focus on limits, like
- I can’t do it alone
- I can’t afford to start a business
- I don’t have the skills or experience to run a business, let alone a nonprofit
- I’ve never done any volunteer work or fundraising
- I’m scared that I’ll fail
… Or, I can choose to:
focus on the list at the top of what I CAN do (and the more detailed list I didn’t want to bore you with here in one article) and find or create solutions to the problems I see.
Because The World I See Begins with Me
What are your limits? Who set those limits? Could you do more? What’s stopping you? Are you focusing on the problems or on solutions? Whichever you look for, you will find: more problems or solutions.
Your life is YOUR responsibility, Your dreams are YOUR responsibility, but that doesn’t mean you face it alone
The scariest part of any endeavor is change. We get comfortable where we are… even if we don’t like it. We know what to expect.
Someone in an abusive relationship finds comfort in knowing what to expect. They don’t like their situation, but they’ve been told they can’t do any better. They believe this is what their life will always be. They don’t dare dream of a life where they’re valued. They believe life is pain. They may believe that this is perfectly normal, that everyone deals with this. They believe they are worth less than their abuser.
Someone on the streets is told every day thru actions that they don’t matter. When people walk by and they act like they don’t exist, this affirms that they’re not worthy. They already feel that way, you’re just reminding them.
Take a moment to look at your life. What have you been told? What are your beliefs?
What are your abilities?… and what is your response to them?
Before you answer that, let me tell you:
I believe in you.
If you can dream it, you can be it. There is nothing you can’t do.
If you need help getting there, let Life Teaches help you get there. We’re still collecting the resources we need, but we will wholeheartedly support you the best we can. As we collect more resources, they are at your disposal.
I’m willing to bet that what’s stopped you so far is that you feel alone. You feel like no one’s listening and that no one cares.
You’ve reached out before. They handed you a list of resources or maybe even set up resources for you.
Life Teaches teaches you the skills you need to use those resources. We’ll walk you through and help you understand the process.
Whether you need housing, food, a job or skills… or even just the confidence to know you can do it, we’re here to support you. Our resources may be limited right now, we’re still collecting so we can make a bigger difference.
What we can offer now is support, so you know you’re not alone. Support Life Teaches so we can provide support to those who need it most.